About Ocacia: Online African Couture
Bespoke Tailored Clothing
Ocacia is a designer label that specializes in luxury hand made attire. Each garment we make is unique to each client. Our clients are those looking for unique and premium, yet modern and functional Africanculturedattire at the click of a mouse. We are 100% African owned and belive in trade over aid as a means of social and economic empowerment.
Drawing on attention to the finest details, while standing on ancient African traditions, Ocacia is a brand with a distinctive collection for those who want to make a unique fashion statement. Handcrafted and uniquely customizable for every client. Our clothes are beautifully presented for the highest taste for all occasions.
A New African Standard in Fashion
Ocacia believes that just as Milan or Paris carry prestige, we are putting prestige around "made by Africans." We firmly believe that Africans must be at the forefront of the industry; making final goods and adding our unique aesthetic to the globalized markets. Ocacia is 100% owned by Africans from Ethiopia (Female), SA (African Female), and the Diaspora (UK). We own all aspects of our clothing production.
What we are about
We recognized three problems with the African fashion industry: Modernity, quality, and global availability:
- Dedicated to quality African products
- Creating modern African clothes built on age-old traditions
- Creating sustainable markets in Africa and the African Diaspora owned by Africans
- Exporting African culture and making Africa a partner in globalization and not a victim.
We are never content with our quality, we are always pushing the envelope of what is possible.
- Highest quality fabrics, usually linen
- High-quality sewing methods and embroidery
- Premium online support and state-of-the-art website
- Dedicated to a smooth online experience
Our clothes take time and love. For example, the rope (Sheriba) around the embroidery is 200 meters of rayon thread spun together by hand. That rope takes 35 minutes to carefully trace around the embroidery which itself takes 2 hours to 8 hours depending on complexity by a highly skilled West African artist. Our cuffs are not made by a Pfaff machine, but the traditional chalk and scissors way. Each shirt is drafted for each client and made to supplied measurements and customizations.
Today the world is becoming very mono-cultural, everyone wears the same clothes. However, some people want to stand out from the crowd and make an individual statement that is rooted in African heritage. And in a globalized world, people want to be able to say "This was made in Africa." by African people.
- Ability to add collars, cuffs, and embroidery styles
- Custom fits, tight fit, baggy, anything you want
- The joy that comes from working with designers and tailors