What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
About processing of personal data, the Data Subject can exercise the rights of General Data Protection Regulation (Articles 15-21), including:
- to obtain from the Data Controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data (right of access)
- to update, amend and/or rectify inaccurate personal data concerning him or her (right to rectification);
- to obtain from the Data Controller the deletion or restriction of processing of personal data concerning him or her when it violates the law, including when the personal data are no longer necessary, in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed (right to be forgotten and right to restriction of processing);
- to object to processing of personal data (right to object)
- to withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority in case of violation of Data protection law;
- to receive the personal data concerning him or her, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable by automatic device and have the right to transmit those data to another data controller (right to data portability).
Data subject can ask to exercise its rights by email to email@example.com or by postal mail to the Company Ocacia African Clothes, via Piazza Einaudi 4, 20124 Milan, Italy.
The Company informs you that you may object to the marketing purpose at any time, including profiling, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and unsubscribing from the e-mail service by sending a message to email@example.com or clicking on link that you will find at the bottom of the promotional e-mails you will receive in case of registration to the aforementioned service.
If you are a resident of the State of California, you may exercise your rights pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) as follows via email at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Access to Personal Information: California residents have the right to request a copy of the personal information, the source of the personal information and to whom it was disclosed, which we will provide back to they in electronic form. For own privacy and security, the Company may require to prove your identity before providing the requested information.
- Deletion of Personal Information: Customer also has the right to request that Company delete personal information, except Company needs to retain such data in order to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
Finally, we point out that Ocacia African Clothes does not sell personal information to third parties.
Data subject can ask to exercise its rights by email to email@example.com. We invite you to include in your requests all the necessary information (such as name, email and mailing address, specific request and any other information) we may need in order to provide or otherwise process your request.
The Company shall not discriminate against customers for exercising any of his rights.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by letting us know using our Contact Us information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us this request using our Contact Us information.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|Cookie Name||Cookie Description|
|FORM_KEY||Stores randomly generated key used to prevent forged requests.|
|PHPSESSID||Your session ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to view and edit their orders.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history, if you have asked for this.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|MAGE-CACHE-SESSID||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-STORAGE-SECTION-INVALIDATION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-CACHE-TIMEOUT||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|SECTION-DATA-IDS||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|PRIVATE_CONTENT_VERSION||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|X-MAGENTO-VARY||Facilitates caching of content on the server to make pages load faster.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-FILE-VERSION||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|MAGE-TRANSLATION-STORAGE||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|